Thursday, April 15, 2010

Getting Caught Up

So much has been going on in the last few weeks that I could write a ten page post. I will try to keep this one short and sweet, just to get caught up!

The weekend before Easter, Brad sent me on a trip to NYC with a college girlfriend to visit another friend who lives in the city (a positive of having a husband that travels so much is all the free trips we get with the miles!). We had a great time. It has been a few years since I was in the city, so it was great to get back. We saw the musical Wicked, which was amazing and had a great time shopping, eating fabulous food, great drinks and of course even better conversation and company. It was an exhausting few days but good to get away and not have to worry about being a mom and a wife! Brad did a great job with the children, even though he was stuck at home with a sick Louis. As great as the trip was, it was wonderful coming home and getting all the hugs I missed so much!

Oh, and while I was in NYC, my brother Brian and his wife welcomed their third child, baby Ben! Welcome to the world Ben!

Easter weekend was great. On Saturday my family came over. The children had a great time with the Easter egg hunt and hanging out with each other. The adults also had a great time. Brad impressed us all again with his cooking. It is so nice to have a husband who is the cook in the family. It really allows me to just enjoy hanging out. On Easter we visited my aunt who lives nearby. Another day with family and Easter egg hungs, does it get any better? Below is a picture of Louis and his cousin Owen both dressed as Spiderman.

For the most part Louis and Mabel get along great, but they don't exactly play together - that usually ends up in fights.  So they more or less play side by side and co-exist.  The other night I was trying to do a work out dvd and they were not being cooperative.  So I quickly grabbed my iPhone (not sure why I didn't just grab the computer) and let them watch a Mickey video via YouTube. They fought a little over how to turn the phone but mostly they both just stayed still and watched it - together.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! How come no one sent me the Spider-man picture?

    ReplyDelete