Thursday, April 1, 2010

Bring on the Spring!

So even though daylight savings has begun and we all lost an hour and my kids were out of whack and I was out of whack…I loved it. It means that spring is here! How great is it that sunset doesn’t occur until 7:30pm! My tulips are starting to come up and we are able to play outside after work/school. It is all so refreshing, and bright and nice and well I just love spring!
Mabel received her “braces” about four weeks ago. They are actually orthotics and the goal is to give her a little more stability, which should also help her confidence in walking. They bothered her a little on the first day but now is used to them. We have seen some great progress, so hopefully this will be the thing to get her going! Go Mabel!  Here you can see a quick picture of what they look like alone and in shoes.










Mabel is super silly and is quite the actress! The other day we were singing and I asked her, “Mabel, who is the baby” and she replied, “Lou Lou’s the baby!”  Louis immediately replied, “No, I’m the big boy”, to which Mabel laughed, like she knew she was teasing him! She is like a grown person in this tiny body!   A couple of weeks ago she got her first haircut. I haven’t decided yet how long it may or may not be, but it was time to clean it up. The lady at Kids’ Hair decided to put in a ponytail and paint her hair pink. Mabel did great. She doesn’t let me put clips in anymore, so I was amazed she sat so well…I wonder if the sucker had anything to do with it?

1 comment:

  1. Those suckers are magic. I took my overactive 2 year old nephew to the haircutters. Sucker in one hand and held on to me for dear life with the other hand. I've never seen him sit so still. Magic I tell ya!

    ReplyDelete