
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
You're hurting my elbow
I am prepared to child services to come to my house. Two weeks ago, Mabel suffered a dislocated elbow. Sound familiar? Well the same thing happened to Louis back in February. Seems my children inherited their mother’s weak elbows (who knew there was such a thing?). Anyway, while putting on Mabel’s pajamas, her elbow dislocated. Given our experience with Louis, I was pretty sure it was Nurse Maid’s elbow. We ended up at urgent care and needed an x-ray before the doc would try to put it back. Mabel was in great spirits as long as you didn’t move her arm. Well, when it came time for x-rays, it was brutal. Mabel cried, and even worse stared at me while she cried, like she was waiting for me to help her. When the x-rays were finished immediately picked her up and held her to soothe her. After she calmed down we went back into the room waiting for the doc, and I noticed that she was moving her arm…a lot! The doc walked in right then and said she must have popped it back in herself while fighting the x-ray. I was so relieved and it was done. And there was my little Mabel, waving her arms around like a maniac and smiling.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ugh - same thing happened to Piper on January 2. Quick fix, but sucks until then.
ReplyDeleteScary - good thing you knew what to do right away!
ReplyDelete