We found out about a week ago that one of Louis’ teachers was promoted and will be moving to a new location. We are very excited for Miss Nicole, but of course, sad that she won’t be there every day for Louis.
Louis adapted very well to his new sister back in September, and I do believe that is because Louis had Miss Nicole at school. He has talked about her daily since her second week there. There were many nights that Louis was angry about going to bed and instead of calling out for Papa or Mommy he would call out for Miss Nicole. Louis loves both his teachers, but he formed a great bond with Miss Nicole on the “babyside” during those months when his house with crazy with his new sister.
There are many days that I have felt guilty that I choose to continue with my career rather staying home with the children, but when I see how much Louis loves his teachers and his friends at school and how much he (and Mabel) learn each day, it makes me feel at peace with the decision. I know that Louis and mommy will both miss having Miss Nicole at school each day but I know Louis will adapt. In fact it is great that he will miss her; it means that we are very lucky to have such great teachers who are taking care of our children each day, teachers who love my children, and that whom my children love in return. If I am not the one with them every day, this is how I want it to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment