Between the cold/rainy weather and the constant moving and shaking, I am amazed that we are in the beginning of June! I surprised myself when I realized I haven’t updated in over two months. So here is a quick recap.
March:
Mabel has been working on potty training since November. Around Christmas I thought she was getting close, so we started buying pull ups and giving her a M&M for each successful potty trip. Well, months went by and it would come and go. With Louis he just told us, “when I am 3 I will go potty” and the day he turned 3 a switch went one and it was done. So this one foot in/on foot out approach of Mabel’s was driving me crazy. I figured I just needed to find something appealing enough to make her jump. My bribe? A big girl bed with purple blankets! The catch: she had to do #1 and #2 in the potty. Finally, one night in March she did it, but in typical Mabel fashion is was emotional and rather dramatic. When she was finished, with tears rolling down her face and whimpering she said, “I get my big girl bed, right mommy?” So what did this mommy do? Well the very next day I went to the store and bought her a new bed, strapped it to my car and drove home. The following day we went to Pottery Barn Kids to pick out her bedding (Brad thought that maybe we should make her do it twice or at least wait until the weekend, but no, that wouldn’t work, “I promised her” I kept telling him). So here she is in her big girl bed. She was thrilled, and amazingly, she has only fallen out once so far. Oh, the part of the story that proves I’m a sucker? – She hasn’t gone #2 in the potty since!
 |
| Getting into her new bed for the first time |
 |
| I don't think she could be more excited! |
UPDATE: Mabel is now wearing underwear on the weekends. She stays dry all night and most nights. We are still working on #2 so she needs to wear pull-ups to school, but we will stay patient.
 |
| Mabel using one of her "stay dry" presents: chapstick |
April:
In April the family got together for my mom’s 60th birthday party. It was a nice relaxing weekend in Melrose. My mom wanted something laid back and private. So the family all get together at my parents place. Everyone had a great time. We all wore beaded necklaces and party hats for “Grandma Gold”. From what I could tell she was very happy with the weekend, and so were we.
 |
| Time for baseball |
 |
| To the park with cousin Owen |
Later in April we all gathered again for Easter. My sister Mindy and her boyfriend Brent surprised us on Good Friday announcing their engagement. We were all very excited and happy for them, and very grateful that my parents had champagne in the house. All of us are eagerly anticipating the February wedding. Little Louis gets to be a ring bearer and I couldn’t be more excited to see him all dressed up. The rest of Easter weekend we spent travelling, staying at Brad's mom's place and getting together with Brad's dad's side of the famliy on Easter Sunday.
 |
| Easter at Grandma's |
 |
| Spring fun while cleaning out the winter drawers |
What about May??
ReplyDelete