We have had a very busy but great fall. I can't believe that Thanksgiving is only a week away! Both kids fully enjoyed Halloween. They didn't do much trick or treating but between a halloween party with grandpa and nana, a party at school and a party at the Edina Kemper's - there was plenty of time to wear costumes. Louis went as Captain America (his superhero obsession continues) and Mabel went as a fairy princess (if you ask her, she was a princess, but I was insistent that she wasnt a princess so I compromised and called her a fairy princess). To me, she was a pretty darn cute Tinkerbell!!
 |
| On the way to the party |
 |
| climbing a "giant" hill |
The day after halloween, Mabel was home sick with a fever. I tried to work while I stayed home with her, but she was literally crawling all over me and asking me, "Mommy, what are doing?" "Are you working mommy?" "Can I press the letters?". So I decided to put my computer down and enjoy the day with my daughter. We eventually decided to go pick up Louis early from daycare. It was a beautiful day and I knew that soon enough it would be getting darker earlier and this might be the last chance to hit the play park until spring (I also intended to take some pictures of them for the christmas cards). We had a great time playing and taking pictures. It was like they also realized that it might be awhile before we get to do this again. As we were leaving, I asked Louis and Mabel to hug each other and look at the camera - and they did, but then they fell to the ground as they lost their balance. I was worried there would be tears but instead they both broke out laughing and said, "let's do it again". So they did, they kept hugging and then falling to the ground on top of each other. They did they 10-12 times. Each time they fell harder and laughed harder. It broke my heart to tell them it was time to go home, but it means so much to see them being silly together doing something completely organic, and just the two of them.


 |
| Before the fall. |
 |
After the fall
|
They are so CUTE! Starting to look more and more like one another....adorable pics.
ReplyDelete