We just spent a fabulous 7 days in Playa Del Carmen Mexico. All four of us went along with Brad’s dad and step mother, Andrew, Kristy and Mollie Budde and Jordan Budde. The 10 of us had a great time in the sand, sun and water.
We started most mornings having breakfast overlooking the ocean. I think all of us enjoyed and appreciated that moment especially. After breakfast we would many times hang out in the hammocks on the ocean deck, followed by a morning at the beach! Unfortunately, neither Louis nor Mabel particularly liked the sand or the waves, but they had a great time hanging out in the sunchairs under a cabana.
During the trip we celebrated both Louis and Jordan’s birthday. How lucky is Louis to have had a real beach party for his 3rd birthday?!? Louis really had a lot of fun. Our resort was huge and was connected to a fantastic zoo/amusement park. Louis loved the sea turtles (tortugas), the monkeys and the flamingos. Due to the large resort, Louis got to jump on the back of the stroller everywhere we went for a quick ride; it also made it easier for us to not have to carry him around everywhere!



Mabel really turned into a full fledged toddler on vacation. Her vocabulary increased tremendously. She would say “Hola” all the time and showed us that she could sing the ABC’s along with Louis! Everything was, “I want that”, “Thank you”, “I want water”, I wanna color” etc.; she makes sure everyone is aware of her needs! The humidity also brought out the curls in her hair. It was so sweet and I was so bummed to see them disappear on the airplane as we flew away. Mabel also tried standing on her own a couple of times, which is very exciting for her.
One of the days Brad and I were able to leave the resort and see the Mayan ruins at Tulum. The ruins are part of a very interesting history and the nearby beach was beautiful.
It was a great vacation. On our last morning I told Louis and Mabel it was time to go home and Louis’ first comment was, “but I like Mexico!” We were sad to leave, but it was good to get back to reality, routine (and unfortunately snow!)
Great pictures! What a fun family trip! I hope we can do something like that with all the kids someeday. You look amazing!
ReplyDeleteOh how fun! Glad everything turned out well. How cute, "but I like Mexico!"
ReplyDeleteLooks like it was a great trip. Love the pics!
ReplyDelete