We had Mabel’s one year pictures at Minnehaha Falls. A colleague from work just started a side photography business. I highly recommend her! Here is a link to her blog (Mabel is Miss M). http://blog.tentinytoesphoto.com/. Those are just a sampling of 5 pictures, I can’t wait to see the rest!!We held a wonderful birthday party for Mabel. Again, she loved her cupcake - this time a gigantic one! I am amazed at how quickly she got the hang of opening presents! We had all the local family down for the party. It was a quick 2 hour party, busy but fun! You are one, Mabel!! Way to go!

I mentioned we started swimming lessons. Louis is in the Turtle class and Mabel is in the Tadpole class. Both Brad and I are in the water with the kids and it is at the same time with the same teacher (hmm). Louis has come along so far in swimming. He takes instruction so well! We likes jumping off the diving board, but doesn’t yet like dunking his head. Mabel gets better and better each week. The water is pretty cold, so she likes to curl up as high on my shoulder as possible. But this week she lounged back and enjoyed the water. She even let me hold her back away from my body!Lastly, at Mabel’s one year appt, her pediatrician was concerned that Mabel is not yet pulling herself up on furniture or cruising. (She did finally start truly crawling the day of her Dr. appt.) To be honest, I was a little concerned as well, but I just thought she would be a slow walker like Louis. Well, at her appt we did end up doing some x-rays to be sure her hips we aligned okay…and they were. But it was pretty emotional for both mom and baby! Now we are seeing a physical therapist. We are told she is definitely fine, she just has low muscle tone and super mobile joints. So, she truly doesn’t yet feel safe standing. The PT is pretty confident that we will have her walking in six months if we work on the various exercises…Mabel now has a workout routine! Overall I am not overly anxious, I just want to be sure we are doing what we can to help her out. She is such a sweet girl, and right now loves to cuddle more than anything – so I have to learn to put her down and work for it!
FIRST!
ReplyDeleteNice choice on the dress, Melissa, Mabel looks soo cute in it.