My favorite question to ask right now is “Louis, what are you?”. The response I get, “Big Boy”. I am not really sure where it started but the first time he answered that way, both Brad and I took a step back. He does in fact seem like a big boy. Last night I put him to bed and I could hear him singing, “Happy Birthday” in his room. When I went up to tell him to go to sleep, he had his socks on his hands, “gwoves on hands”. We spent the first half of winter trying to keep anything on his hands and now he constantly wants to put his socks on them. He is becoming more and more independent daily. Part of me loves it – it makes my life easier, but a huge part of me is fighting it (especially when he decides to runaway right before we leave for daycare). It was amusing to watch him climb into bed last night, to stretch his legs to climb in. I laughed as he buried his head into the bed for leverage. I never knew of a kid who liked the process of getting ready for bed so much…except for Mabel. He also does this Elvis thing right now. He raises his lip on one side and nods his head when he is telling me something affirmative, “Happy’s Bed”, “Sister’s Pacifier”. It cracks me up because he is so serious!
Little Baby Maybe. It is safe to say that she is simply adored by everyone in the family. I remember feeling this way with Louis, but I was always so excited for him to achieve the next thing. But now, because I can see how quickly Louis moved out of that phase, I just want to watch her every minute and have it go slowly. She loves to laugh and watch her brother. She is very curious right now and is always looking around for something new. I could just watch her all day long!
Last week I was sick, which makes it so difficult to be a mom. There were many days I left work that I didn’t even know how to get the energy to drive home, much less entertain, feed, bathe and put to bed to babies under 2! I would tell myself, “it is only two hours – you can get through it”. But then every night I would get them home and sit down, look at them and think, “it is only two hours , it is not enough”. My children have this amazing ability to energize me and exhaust me all at the same time…and it is just beginning!
Melissa - you have the same philosophy as me "Its only 2 hours" every night...we are usually around 3...but it doesn't seem enough somedays - and yet others its the only amount we can handle! :) Your baby stories are so fun to hear and so true!
ReplyDelete