My goal for the New Year? Well, there are many, but one of them is to document the lives of the Budde family. As I watch my children, I am amazed at how quickly time is going and that each day brings new changes. My hope that this will be our written history.
January 1st - Quite the New Year's surprise, We are pregnant!! We couldn't have been more delighted! Will it be a boy or a girl, what names, what will Louis think? Is September here yet?


Like us, he loved her instantly.


Louis really started to become a jabberjaws. He only referred to Mabel as his "baby sista". He was speaking in sentences and telling us stories. There were many nights when Brad, Mabel and I would sit on the couch and Louis would entertain us all night long. Those moments will always be dear to us.
Highlights of 2008:
January 1st - Quite the New Year's surprise, We are pregnant!! We couldn't have been more delighted! Will it be a boy or a girl, what names, what will Louis think? Is September here yet?
February - Happy 1st Birthday Louis!! This was truly the fastest year of my life. It was such a joy to see you grow, you came so far in such a short time. You bring a smile to my face, every single day - thank you.

March - Vacation for mom and dad - too bad bronchitis and pneumonia came with us (and stayed behind with Louis). Welcome to cousins Keira and Riley (both born on 3/23)!
April - Ultrasound of Baby Budde, still amazing the second time around. Louis came with us so he could see the first pictures of our little baby.
May - What a special Mother's day, a baby in my arms and a baby in my tummy.
June - Uncle Adam's wedding in Madison! It was fun to have the whole Budde family together to celebrate the wedding, the Twins game and the announcement that Uncle Andrew and Aunt Kristy are having a baby!
July/August - third trimester during the summer, enough said. Louis started walking and not a moment too soon! But what he lacked in motor skills, he made up for it in verbal skills. How exciting it must have been to look around and just call out everything you see!
September - It's a girl! Welcome little Mabel! You fit perfectly. I will never forget Louis walking into our room with a flower and asking to see his "sista". Louis was showing us and telling us all about her; "eyes, ears, hair, nose, mouth".

Like us, he loved her instantly.

October - Happy Halloween - Louis was a turtle and Mabel was a "tiny dancer"

Louis really started to become a jabberjaws. He only referred to Mabel as his "baby sista". He was speaking in sentences and telling us stories. There were many nights when Brad, Mabel and I would sit on the couch and Louis would entertain us all night long. Those moments will always be dear to us.
November - Umm, Twilight the movie anyone? Brad...I think I am in love with a vampire ;-). In non-vampire news, Mabel continued to grow everyday. The smiles come so easily from her and her papa thinks she is the most beautiful little girl ever. Being a daddy's girl myself, it is incredibly warming to see the same bond happening with my husband and my daughter (I just didn't realize that he would be wrapped around her finger so quickly!) Louis continues to be so sweet to his sister, and it is fun to listen to him talk to Mabel (in a very high voice).
December - What a wonderful Christmas with two children. It was crazy, but we truly came to understand the meaning of Christmas. Welcome to Cousin Mollie and Congrats to Aunt Kristy and Uncle Andrew!!

Love the layout - the background is so pretty!
ReplyDeleteI'll have to check in every so often to see the cute pics of the kids!
-Crystal
I'll start off saying you couldn't of started this blog at a better time. Right now im in
ReplyDeleteEnglish and we have to do a blog study. Now I'll talk about the kids. Louis being very inteligent and remembering Vanessa when I open my phone for him. I know you don't like that so much, but I get a joy out of it. Mabel still doesn't seem to like me that much. Always crying when I hold her, but she'll come around, all the babies do.